To celebrate International Orangutan Day on 19th of August, we, together with our partner organisations, invite you to our online event for an exciting show and talks about our work to save the orangutans.
The event will be hosted on our Youtube channel 19th of August from 19.30 CEST. You can also follow the event here on our page by scrolling down to the video.
Learn more about the the challenges on the orangutans' journey towards freedom, our work during the pandemic and see new footage from Nyaru Menteng’s Forest School, and a conversation with Aaron Gekoski, creator of the new documentary film about the wildlife trade.
See the entire program below:
JOURNEY TOWARDS FREEDOM – OBSTACLES TO OVERCOME
● Agnes Pratamiutami Sriningsih, Veterinarian Coordinator at Samboja Lestari, BOS Foundation
● Arga Sawung Kusuma, Veterinarian at Nyaru Menteng, BOS Foundation
VIRTUAL SCREENING FROM ORANGUTAN JUNGLE SCHOOL
CONSERVATION IN THE TIME OF THE PANDEMIC
● Dr. Lauren Howard, Program Coordinator, San Diego Zoo Safari Park
● Greggy Harry Poetra, Dyl Doctor at Nyaru Menteng, BOS Foundation
● Andrea Knox, International Communications and Research Advisor at BOS Foundation
TRAILER FOR THE DOCUMENTARY EYES OF THE ORANGUTAN
CONVERSATION: EYES OF THE ORANGUTAN AND WILDLIFE TRADE
● Dr Sophia Benz, CEO of BOS-Switzerland
● Aaron Gekoski, Environmental photojournalist, filmmaker and TV-host, specializing in conflicts between animals and people.